Most major cities have a direct and fast rail connection to the nearest airport. This is the goal of this new railway line called «CDG Express» which will connect Paris-Charles de Gaulle airport to Paris in 20 minutes.
cdg express cdg express cdg express cdg express cdg express cdg express cdg express cdg express cdg express cdg express cdg express
The CDG Express will allow airport passengers to reach Paris quickly while offloading the RER B, currently used by more than 20% of Paris-Charles de Gaulle airport customers, to make it its primary vocation: to transport everyday passengers. The CDG Express will connect Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare de l’Est, in the heart of Paris, in 20 minutes. Its commissioning is scheduled for the end of 2025. Its ambition is to meet the needs of air travellers, who want to have a high level of service, reliable, fast, comfortable and connected.
There will be trains every 15 minutes, every day, from 5 am to midnight. The CDG Express also aims to decongest the roads between Paris and the airport, thanks to a cleaner transport solution.
Once in service, the CDG Express is expected to capture approximately 15% of current road travel to and from the airport.
The project will have positive economic and social benefits in Paris Region. 2400 direct jobs will be created during the construction phase and then 300 jobs during the operation phase. They will mainly benefit businesses in Paris Region.
In short :
A new Train connexion between Paris and Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport
- Direct train connection between Gare de l’Est and Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport in 20 minutes, every quarter of an hour, from 5am to midnight.
- 2400 direct jobs in the construction phase and 300 in the operating phase.
- Gain for the environment thanks to modal shift: 330,000 tonnes of C0² over 50 years, or 672 million kilometres travelled by a city car.
- Infrastructure manager composed of ADP Group, SNCF Réseau and Caisse des Dépôts
- Operator: Hello Paris, grouping of Keolis and RATP Dev
- Calendar: Commissioning at the end of 2025
Find out more: https://cdgexpress.groupeadp.fr/